- You have options – but, there are so many more at the beginning and they narrow down pretty quickly as things go on;
- Know that the bank/mortgage company is always – always – going to act in its own interest, not yours, so customer service revolving around late payments may not be a service at all;
- In court, the lawyers for the bank/mortgage/credit card company sole focus is to move cases – nothing personal. Literally. They are paid for volume not to take a moment and assist you;
- The Judge is not there to watch over your interests;
- No one in the Connecticut foreclosure courts – Judge, Clerk, Marshalls, Janitors – can give you legal advice on foreclosure defense, it’s simply not allowed.
- If one of the above tell you to file a certain form with the comment ‘do that and you’re all set’ you’re not. All set. Ever. At best you’re merely up to date.
- There’s a reason the Connecticut Practice Book of court rules and procedures is so thick – there’s a lot of rules and procedures for everything that comes before the court.
As always, I’m here to be a resource for anyone suffering through a foreclosure/credit card action. – SP